Renovation of Decker Store(click on images to enlarge)
With a host of volunteers over a few days, a historical project takes another step trying to salvage a local landmark!
A year ago The Tehnassen General Store Project had enough donations to move the building to the original site where
it had been built sometime before 1880. The building had been moved by a local farmer around 1911 after the pioneer
village was, for the most part, dismantled. The Decker General Store structure, still almost original after these 125+ years, served
the Tenhassen Village and local pioneer homesteads as a general store, hotel, post office, and stage coach depot.
Plans are to continue restoration as money is available, so that perhaps we may look at the site, and get a glimpse into
the past and the beginnings of our local pioneer homesteads/settlements.
Roofing the east side
Part of the crew on break
Roofing the west side